The South Pennines LEADER Local Action Group wishes to work with the following types of micro or small businesses to develop, increase and endorse the locally distinctive value of their product or service in a way that will result in growth:
- farm and forestry businesses delivering visitor services, developing new local products or contributing positively to the landscape;
- manufacturing businesses creating or processing distinctive locally derived products that promote the South Pennines;
- visitor-facing businesses providing distinctive visitor services including accommodation and local food and drink;
- designer-maker businesses creating locally distinctive products with associated retailing, workshops, courses and visitor products;
- recreational businesses structuring their business around the local landscape and its recreational opportunities;
- social enterprises delivering local community services.
Please note that from August 2017, the South Pennines LEADER programme has allocated its budget for increasing farm productivity. You can still apply for a grant, however progressing any projects is dependent on further funding becoming available for this priority.
Does Your Business Require Skills Training?
The Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership (LEP) has launched a service that provides skills support to small and medium sized businesses. The LEP skills service helps businesses to identify their skills needs based on their business growth objectives and then find the right training solution. The training provision is employer led, enabling businesses to design their own solutions and plug gaps in the market. Small and medium sized business based in the Leeds City Region that have a budget to put towards training could also be eligible for funding of between £500 and £50,000. To find out more, or to see if you’re eligible for support and funding visit: www.the-lep.com/skillsservice
Contact the skills service: 0113 386 1910 or email@example.com
The flyer for the scheme can be downloaded here.