ALL Projects must:
- fit with the priorities for LEADER funding; and
- EITHER directly support the rural economy eg through creating jobs and/or developing micro and small sized rural businesses OR significantly contribute to improving the local rural economy eg by increasing visitors to a particular area or providing an essential rural service.
Projects must also:
- be located within the South Pennines LEADER area
- be based on a clearly defined evidence of need;
- be financially viable;
- be environmentally, economically and socially sustainable;
- offer good value for money and clearly illustrate why public finance is essential.